On my quest to find more foods with fiber, I decided to experiment with mung beans.
- 1/2 mung beans – soaked for 8 hours
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes – halved
- 2 mini (Persian) cucumbers – skinned and sliced
- 1/4 of red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons of parsley – chopped
- 2 tablespoons of dill – chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Greek dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
Soak the mung beans in enough water to cover all the beans, leave for 8 hours. I usually soak them as I am leaving to work, and they are ready when I get home. Boil the mung beans in 3 cups of water for 10-15 minutes, or until the mung beans are soft. After they are cooked drain the beans, rinse in cold water and let cool until ready to assemble the salad. Mix all the vegetables and beans in a bowl and serve.